Tuesday, May 20, 2008

A Long Long Way from Home

When ppl ask me where I live, the reaction i get is always "Wah!!!! So far!!!" Then I will go about saying that "No lar...it's not that far"...that is until today....for the uninitiated, Sg Long is like 20 clicks away from KL. It doesn't sound far but it is the traffic along Jalan Loke Yew and Jalan Cheras that kills.

So, my gout made an almighty come back over the night. I still wore shoes to work and it had been getting worst and worst. As usual, the infection kicked in with mild fever and quite a fair share of headache. So I had been sauntering through work waiting for the clock to hit 6pm. But i forgot there is Fire Tariff Training...so went in, as usual Selvyn started the throwing questions that made us think think think....my gosh....EIC summore...the headache got worst and worst. Training finished at 6.30pm and I limped our to my place want to pack and go hoe liao. Then IT guy came over and say want to switch laptop for me....great....Everything settled at 7.20pm. My ankle is starting to scream in protest. The headache is splitting my skull. Limped for 10 minutes to my car carrying the bloody heavy Dell Latitude 505. alright....figuring that 7.30 already shouldn't be that jam....

How wrong was I...Changkat BB...Jam like f**k....tour buses where unloading passengers at Radius Hotel...great....taxi and van showing each other who is more man at the Jalan Alor Junction. Assholes cutting lane at Jalan Bukit Bintang. And suddenly i dunno where did all the friggin' tourist came from...really there are all sorts of coloured people showing Malaysians how to jaywalk...now that's something...Jalan Hang Tuah bloody road construction going on...3 lanes turn to 2 lanes...bottleneck...brilliant. As usual, turned into Loke Yew it was a bloody mess....in the end..took me 1 and a half hour to get back to sg long....with gout, fever, headache and hunger....

When everything that can go wrong does go wrong...home can seemed a bit far far away too....Maybe I should started looking for a place nearer to town. i'm going to crash early today....

P.S. I am driving a Manual Kelisa....it doesn't make much difference coz it is my right ankle that is killin' me....

No comments: