Saturday, June 28, 2008

Impressive but Still....

About the thing I didn't really wanted to do yesterday, it was a wedding that my dad asked me to attend at Damansara Utama Methodist Church. It is the wedding of my dad's friend punya son. We went to their house in Kerteh about 15 years ago and i think that's was the only time I saw this guy. Maybe they did came over on some CNY but I really can't recall. I don't really want to go mainly because i know i will be bored shitless as i knew no one there...and i will be going alone. Moreover, for those who are in the know, there are certain things that Catholics and Methodist don't really see eye to eye (to put it lightly). Thus, deepening my reluctance to attend.

But then, what the hack...woke up this morning and decided to attend. I sort of knew where it is as it used to be the old Singer building. DUMC is so rich that they bought over the Singer warehouse and convert it into their church. When i reached there...i almost "buang"...the name of the church is 'Dream Centre"....what a name for a church...anyways, pared my car and made my way to the auditorium. Wow!! Was i impressed....this is not a church, this is a concert hall....there are 3 huge ass, live football matches kind of cameras covering the event..i think the whole auditorium with its AV equipment easily cost 10 million quids....really....(well, its not hard seeing that it is copulsary for Methodist to pay 10% of their household income to the church, called tidings or something..and u imagine Damansara Utama area....)

To cut the story short, I was quite glad that i decided to go for the wedding. Maybe it's God's urging...it makes me so glad that i am a Catholic. Thier hardware might be impressive but the software (Holy Spirit) is just not there. I do not have the same kind of feeling when the Pastors pray compared to what I feel when Priests prays...their's sound so much like a gimmick, so politician if you would allow. I just can't feel the Holy Spirit in it....or in the prayers. Its like the prayers doesn't connect to the Lord...not like how it feels or the vibes when Father William or Father George prays...

This wedding, going through the Methodist version of Christ worship...had further affirmed my faith...that I have to thank my dad and the bridegroom for that.....

No comments: